At Lexi's we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of anyone who visits our website. In this privacy notice we explain when and why we collect your personal data, how we use it, when and why we may share it with others and the steps we have taken to keep it secure.
We are always glad to assist with any questions or concerns you may have. If you need to get in touch please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
By using our website, you consent to the collection and use of the information you provide to us as outlined in this Privacy Notice. We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time, so make sure you check back occasionally. If we change our Privacy Notice, we will publish those changes on this page. If you have any questions or concerns about our collection, use or disclosure of your personal data, please get in touch at email@example.com
Personal information refers to any information that may be used to identify you, such as, your name, title, phone number, email address, or mailing address.
Please be assured, the privacy and security of your data is important to us, here at Lexi’s. We use digital and physical security and process controls to protect your data. We encrypt and anonymise data where we can and when it makes sense to. Even inside our company, we limit access to your data as much as we can.
What we collect
In general, you can browse our website without giving us any personal information.
Device information: When you visit our site, we automatically collect certain information about your device. This helps use understand our visitors’ needs and to continually improve our site for them and provide the best possible experience. This include information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. As you browse our site, it automatically collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site.
We collect Device Information using:
- Cookies; small text files that our website places on your device, for certain features of our website to function. They allows us to analyse our site traffic patterns. They do not give us access to your computer or to information beyond what you provide us. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies; consult your browser’s manual or online help if you want information on restricting or disabling the browser’s handling of cookies. If you disable cookies, you can still view the publicly available information on our website although this may affect your user experience. If you are using a shared computer and you have cookies turned on, be sure to log off when you finish to further protect your personal information.
- Log files; these help us understand things like how you arrived on the website, what links you used to arrive, your location (IP address), browser type, referring/exit pages, and pages viewed.
- Tags/ pixels: these are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the site, which help us to improve your experience.
Order information: There are several activities on the website which require you to be registered. For example, to receive our newsletter or purchase products from our store. As part of the registration process (e.g. when making an order), we collect personal information such as your title, name, billing address, shipping address, payment details, email address, and phone number.
How do we use your personal information?
We generally use the Order Information that we collect to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (processing your payment, to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information, to arrange shipping and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- Send you our newsletter and other marketing materials if you agree to receive such items.
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services (such as our newsletter)
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site.
Sharing your personal data
We may share your data with others who help us provide services to you. This includes companies that help us process data, host our digital channels, process payments, send communications, fulfil orders or provide us or you with services.
For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We require our service providers to protect your data and use it only as the law allows. They cannot use your data except in helping us provide you with products and services or as allowed by the privacy law and our contracts.
Advertising / Marketing
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with tailored advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
You can opt out of tailored advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Updating your personal information / unsubscribing:
You can unsubscribe from our Newsletter at anytime by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our newsletter emails or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you reside within Europe, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. Please get in touch at email@example.com should you need to make a request.
We process your information fulfill contracts we might have with you (e.g. fulfil an order you made on our site). We use shopify, therefore your information may be processed outside of Europe, including in Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
If you’re aged 13 and under you need to get permission to register on our site from your parents or guardian.
We take internet fraud very seriously. If we ever have reason to believe that an order has been placed fraudulently, or if we feel that our website has been abused in some way, we will share any relevant information with third party fraud prevention companies (including banks) and the police.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below.